“The Science of Learning”
October 13-15, 2021
Proposals Due: June 30, 2021
To submit a proposal, use our online Proposal Submission Form
This year’s conference theme is The Science of Learning and Teaching. We invite researchers and practitioners to share their research and experiences related to this year’s conference theme or any other area of educational research. Check back for the call for proposals.
J. Steven de Belle, PhD
The brain is a physiological marvel of nature, and the canvas on which we experience our individual lives. Understanding how the brain wires, works, and changes has been the focus of Dr. J. Steven de Belle’s research, a basis for effective educational practice, and an engine of beneficial, lucrative, and exhilarating enterprise. With a focus on learning and memory, his research programs in academia and industry have centered on characterizing the genetic, physiological, structural, and cognitive properties of brains that enable human and non- human animals to modify their behavior and adapt in response to changing environments throughout their lives. Dr. de Belle has contributed to and promoted the development of innovative research, didactic teaching and mentoring, organizational and programmatic advancement, and effective communication of science and technology to the public. He is a proponent of the Science of Learning pedagogy and of integrating learning and research across disciplines. Dr. de Belle’s professional experiences include examining the mechanistic underpinnings of brain plasticity, learning, and memory as a Research Scientist. Currently he teaches in the Behavioral Neuroscience Program at the University of San Diego.
|Price Category||Early Bird Rate||Rate (after Sept. 10)|
|One Day (Wednesday)||$100||$150|
|One Day (Thursday or Friday)||$150||$200|
Limelight Hotel Ketchum/Sun Valley, Idaho
Located in the famous Sun Valley area in the heart of Idaho, nestled in the lower Sawtooth Mountains. The conference will kick off with the President’s Reception with poster presentations at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, October 13, and conclude the afternoon of Friday, October 15.
***Early-bird registration ends September 7.***
Limelight Hotel Information
- Fresh-made continental breakfast included
- Free transportation to/from sun Valley Airport
- Friedman Memorial Sun Valley Airport (SUN) is located in Hailey, ID, and offers flight service from Delta, Alaska, and United Airlines
- Contact Guest Services at (208) 726-0888 or email@example.com to schedule your free airport shuttle transport
- To find out more about the Limelight Hotel’s COVID Policies, click here.
- $149/night conference rate
- Call 855-441-2250 to make your reservation at the group rate (mention NRMERA)
- Group rate is only guaranteed through Sept. 13, 2021 (reserve early)
- 50% deposit due upon booking. Remaining 50% charged 30 days prior to conference. 30-day cancellation policy; if cancelled fewer than 30 days prior to arrival, full payment is non-refundable.
- $16/night parking fee.
Contact NRMERA President, Dr. Amanda Eller at firstname.lastname@example.org or Program Director Suzanne Beasterfield at email@example.com with questions.
© Copyright 2021 nrmera.org
Questions concerning the website: firstname.lastname@example.org