Early Career Award
NRMERA solicits nominations annually for the NRMERA Early Career Award. The award is presented each year at the NRMERA conference to recognize a member of NRMERA who is early in his or her career and has made significant contributions to NRMERA and to the field of education. A plaque is given to the recipient at the annual meeting to honor their award.
The award committee consists of one executive committee member, two state representatives, and the graduate student representative. The president appoints the chair of the committee. The NRMERA Executive Committee must ratify recommendations of the awards committee.
Candidates for the award must meet the following criteria:
- Have earned a doctorate in an education-related field (e.g., curriculum and instruction, special education, educational psychology, school counseling, educational leadership, educational assessment, etc.);
- Have been granted said degree within the last 8 years;
- Have been visibly active in NRMERA for no fewer than 4 years; and
- Show promise of achieving national visibility.
To nominate a candidate for the Early Career Award, submit to the committee chair:
- A current curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation that speak to the criteria listed above
Self-nominations are acceptable.
If you are interested in submitting a nomination for or applying for the Early Career Award, contact the current NRMERA President. Contact information can be found on our Leadership page.
Submit to: Lindsay Diamond
Deadline: September 30, 2022
Past Award Recipients
|Year||——||Early Career Award Recipients|
|2020||No Awards – Conference Cancelled due to COVID|
|2016||William “Bill” Young|