ERTP publishes articles that report, synthesize, review, or analyze scholarly inquiry, with emphasis placed on articles that focus on the interpretation, implication, or significance of research work in education. Manuscripts should be of interest to the broad community of educational researchers and practitioners.
All manuscripts should be submitted electronically as MS Word documents, including any figures and tables, to the email address listed below. Figures and tables may be inserted into the manuscript approximately
where they belong in the text, or may be attached as separate documents. Manuscripts are subject to a double blind peer review process. Submissions should include 1) a blinded manuscript for peer review, and 2) a separate title
page. When blinding, please make sure to also remove author information from the file information. Manuscripts should NOT have been previously published nor be under consideration for publication in any other journal. All manuscripts must be submitted in current APA style.
Source of Publication Guidelines
The most recent edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (currently 7th edition) will serve as the authority on format requirements.
ERTP does not charge any processing or submission fees.
Copyright and Licensing
Authors retain copyright and subsequent publishing rights for their own work which is published in ERTP. Works published in ERTP are covered under a Creative Commons-BY (CC-BY) license that permits users to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the work, even commercially, as long as they credit authors for the original creation.
Manuscripts should run from 4,000 – 6,500 words (12 – 20 pages), not including references, and include an abstract of 75 – 120 words. Manuscripts should be in MS Word format and be suitably formatted for blind review. Each submission should include 1) a manuscript for blind review with all author information, removed and 2) a separate title page to include title, authors, affiliations, contact information (email, phone number, mailing address) for the corresponding author, plus other author notes if applicable.
Research manuscripts should contain:
- Literature review (including theoretical perspective)
- Design and methodology
- Analysis of data
- Conclusions based on results related to professional practice and literature
- Enough information to enable replication
Incomplete and poorly developed manuscripts will be rejected without review.
Manuscripts submitted for review will be evaluated on the following:
- Relevance, timeliness and significance to the audience
- Writing is explicit, clear, logical and concise
- Quality of the literature review
- Analysis of data
- Conclusions based on results
- Results related to professional practices and literature
- Sufficient information to enable replication
- Corresponding authors can typically expect acknowledgement of submission within one week.
- Corresponding authors of manuscripts sent out for initial peer review may expect feedback in 6-8 weeks. Manuscripts are sent to two or more reviewers.
- Time between initial review and final decision will depend on time for revisions, if recommended, as well as time for additional rounds of review.
- Corresponding authors of manuscripts accepted for publication will receive a formatting proof about a month before publication.
Graduate Student Manuscripts
If you are a graduate student and are submitting a manuscript for the first time, NRMERA would be honored for you to consider us to be your first publication home. We know that publishing your first scholarly work can be difficult and we would like to provide mentorship if needed. Please indicate on your email submission page that you are submitting a graduate student manuscript. Your manuscript will be directed for review to those reviewers who have indicated an interest in providing additional mentorship to graduate students so that the reviews you receive will be constructive and designed to support your growth as a scholar.
To submit your manuscript, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- Readership: K-graduate teachers and teacher educators; educational researchers
- Frequency: published 2-3 times each year
- Publication method: online
- Sponsorship: NRMERA
- Time to review: blind review up to 3 months
© Copyright 2022 nrmera.org
Questions about the website: email@example.com